Sunday, October 6, 2013

Week one of my Voice for the Voiceless DTS

I've just finished my first week of classes here at the YWAM Kona Base! I'm in the "Voice for the Voiceless" Discipleship Training School--a missions-centered media advocacy-training course. This week we focused on hearing God's voice, acting on it and we also learned about different aspects of intersession and prayer. I love the atmosphere and the peaceful environment here on campus. There are vibrant colors all around in the trees, flowers and the awesome ocean view. 

On Friday we had our first "media day" and our first photo journal assignment. I really enjoyed taking pictures and interviewing one of my lovely roommates and I can't wait to learn more about photography while I'm here. Each day we have work duties, I help prepare breakfast at 5am on weekdays then we have our lectures later that morning. Depending on what day it is we have various night classes, movie message nights and corporate worship times.  

The times of worship here are so energetic and electric with the Holy Spirit. I have never encountered this many like-minded and passionate individuals in one place. People from all denominations and cultures come together to sing praise, dance, jump and shout with joy for The Lord we all love. 

We still don't know where our three months of outreach will be after our training is completed. Sometime in the next week we will be presented with the options for our mission trips: It's been hard to be patient and I would ask that you pray for wisdom as I make this decision.

I'm excited to grow every day as the program goes on and experience this wonderful time of fellowship. I love and miss my family and church and would love to talk in more detail anytime. 
You can email me at: moribakker@gmail.com
Facebook message me
Send me gluten free cookies, love letters or anything chocolate at my mailing address:

Moriah Bakker
Voice for the Voiceless 
75-5851 Kuakini Hwy, #207 
Kailua Kona HI 96740

No comments:

Post a Comment