Saturday, November 23, 2013

Update: Teaching ESL


Our first two weeks in Thailand will be spent in Chaing Rai working with a human trafficking rehabilitation center. While there we will lead devotionals and teach English. My team and I will be working with a non-profit called "Abba House" ("Father House"). I'm so excited to plan lessons again and put together three separate English as a Second Language classes. Because of my previous experience teaching in South Africa I'm able to teach my team how to teach English effectively. I learned so much during my time in the Kalahari and I'm excited to see how this experience will be different. We will have three English level groups including small children to young adults. This is not only a great ministry opportunity but also a skill many need/want to continue their education. We are still working out the plan for the rest of our time there and where we will be staying but the doors are opening. (Praise the Lord)  
Teaching in the Kalahari, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment