Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas from Thailand!

Today half of our group went to a prison in Chaing Mai to preach the Gospel. I presented a message with a translator to about 200 inmates. I spoke about the personal relationship God wants to have with us and our original design. On Christmas we went talapia fishing in the pond with the kids and ate what we caught. Later we had a Christmas program filled with skits the kids created. Our group sang a song and preformed a funny interpretation of the 12 days of christmas. It's been a crazy first week here in Thailand and I can't wait to see what God has planned for us next week. We have already built strong relationships with the kids and I love teaching them English. They have already shown a lot of progress in their conversation skills and vocabulary. Hopefully I can add a video of our preformence.

Pictures from the top: 1. christmas breakfast 2. building the grills for our bbq. 3. fishing with bamboo poles. 4. a drawing made by some of the children. its a unicorn-elephant-fish 5. my nails painted by a girl named 
Nay. She wrote in thai 
"you are pretty". 

No comments:

Post a Comment