Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday Jan, 20th 2014

On Saturday my team and I went to a well-known temple and park. Surrounding the area were hundreds of doves for people to feed. There was a group of kids selling birdseed to tourists in bags. While being watched by their parents they approached my friend Tylyn and I. We paid for some birdseed but let them feed it to the birds. Then we played and talked with them for a while.  They spoke English very well and we were able to hold a nice conversation. Eventually we had to leave and we thought we would never see those children again.
Today we went to a slum outside the inner city to teach health care and do some home visits. The kids we met were in the class! We get to see them for the next few weeks for ministry.

Today we had home visits around the slum to Christian families. I lead a bible study in a home with 5 older ladies. They were so sweet and open about their lives. I was truly inspired by their courage and warmth. I can’t wait to see what tomorrow will bring; everyday has been such a blessing.
Below are photos we took with the kids when we first met them at a temple:



No comments:

Post a Comment